w00t! are you are queer university student? i know i wish i was!
(er… well, i sorta am, but i currently do not meet the requirements of this scholarship…)
The Gay and Lesbian Business Association of BC (GLBA) Scholarship Foundation is a charitable organization dedicated to investing in the future leaders of the GLBT community and our nation by providing outstanding students with financial resources, role modeling and inspiration. Students must demonstrate that they have the capacity and vision to improve an aspect of the GLBT community.
The awards are given to students who are either enrolled or who have completed at least a 9 month full time program within the 2008 year:
- Award of $2000
- Total of 3 Scholarships
- Applicants must be enrolled, working in, or will complete their program in the last 12 months
Each applicant will be assessed on these requirements:
- Two letters of reference from two faculty members or instructors
- Verification of enrollment
- Most Recent Transcripts
- A letter of intent detailing why you should be the recipient of this award. (all media accepted)
- Fully completed consent form
- A one hour interview, either in person or by telephone.
- Be available to accept the award at a GLBA sponsored function.
- December 1 ’08 – Open to applications
- January 30 ’09 – Deadline for applications
- February ’09 – Award Scholarships
if you’re interested, there’s more info over at www.glba.org/its_good_to_be_loud